Belief and Practice
At Beth-El Zedeck we live Judaism as the “evolving religious civilization of the Jewish people.”
- We are committed to Torah (learning), Avodah (worship), and G’milut Hasadim (deeds of lovingkindness).
- We worship God and celebrate the unity of all humanity.
- We affirm Torah as a spiritual and cultural heritage, as a ritual and moral tradition.
- We assume responsibility for Torah as an inheritance from the past and as a legacy to nurture and shape future generations.
- We regard women and men as equals in the life of the congregation and in the continuity of Judaism.
- We affirm and honor all persons regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnic identity, or disability.
- We want Judaism to appeal to the whole Jew, mind, heart and soul.
- We are Zionists committed to a free, democratic, and pluralistic State of Israel.
- We celebrate the freedom and diversity of America and believe in the importance of a vital diaspora community.
- This is our Beit Tefilah (House of Prayer), our Beit Midrash (House of Study), and our Beit Keneset (House of Fellowship). Beth-El Zedeck is our laboratory of Jewish life and our sanctuary of memory and celebration.